Saturday, November 22, 2008

Slumdog Millionaire

It's been a million years since I posted.
I saw a film last night that was terrific. Slumdog Millionaire. One of the best films I've seen this year. Up there with Iron Man and In Bruges.

An Indian film, but directed by Danny Boyle of Trainspotting. If you are put off by subtitles as a friend of mine is, there is no need to worry as this is mostly in English. She thought it was great too. Revolves around a chance at the Millionaire game show and a young man growing up in the slums of India with his brother with only each other to survive. They follow very different courses in their life by the time they're teens.

I'd give the film an A rating. I don't want to give too much of the story away and spoil it. There are three different actors who play the brothers and a girl at different phases in their life. It is always gripping and draws you into the story and the characters. Go see this one! You won't be disappointed.

No comments: