Saturday, February 21, 2009

81st Academy Awards

The ceremony is tomorrow. I've seen all the films except Frost/Nixon.

My top picks (more than one pick indicates equally fine films or performances):
Actor: Sean Penn
Actress: Kate Winslet/Meryl Streep
Best Supporting Actor: Josh Brolin
Best Supporting Actress: Viola Davis/Amy Adams
Film: Slumdog Millionaire/Milk/The Reader
Director: Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire

My top picks for the best five films of 2008 in no specific order:
Gran Torino
The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire
Doubt
Milk

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi,
I love movies too but unfortunately, the older I get the less tolerant I am of suffering. I can't seem to separate fact from fiction. I'm not so much to blame though when so many films are based on true stories. I just want to be entertained--sure, some drama, but not unrelenting torture and heartache. Is this too much to ask? Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. RC is all that and a bag of Doritos, isn't he?
Ann